Thursday, December 9, 2010

DIY - Headboard

I made this quite a while ago now and I really thought I had before pictures of us making this, however they are no where to be found. Oh well!

My whole family pretty much helped to make this headboard from scratch. We bought some fabric, buttons, MDF board, foam, and batting. I used the instructions from {BeJane.com} which was VERY helpful!

Here is the end result...



It's hard to use fabric with lines on it because you have to make sure they are straight and that determines where you can put the buttons.

My dad insisted on using MDF - it's very heavy now! But we love it and I don't think it will be very hard to re-cover if I want to change our bedspread.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make my own headboard for a while now. Yours looks great! Thanks for stopping by our blog!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I'd love to see how yours would turn out. Your blog has such cute stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...