Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Obsessed with Bright Yellow Fabric

I went to NYC with a few girlfriends of mine in August to see Wicked. We had such a fun time. My cheeks and stomach hurt for a month from laughing so much that weekend.

One of my FAVORITE things to do in NYC is to walk through the fashion district and see all the beautiful fabric! Of course it waaaaaay cheaper to get fabric there than any where around here. So I bought some really cute red fabric for Christmas but what I REALLY wanted to get was some yellow fabric. I just couldn't rationalize buying yellow fabric then.

I found some absolutely lovely bright yellow fabric. I tried to rationalize buying this somewhat expensive fabric - maybe I can use it for my (not even engaged) sister's possible future wedding/shower. Maybe I can do a yellow Christmas this year. Maybe I'll decorate with it in the spring.
(This picture above is the closest thing I can show you that what the yellow fabric looked like) http://www.zgallerie.com/p-8891-diller-pillow-peacock.aspx

I didn't end up getting it but OF COURSE now I need it for a baby shower! And I'm not taking a 3 hour bus ride there and a 3 hour bus ride back just to get it. So I settled for some other yellow fabric. Here it is below. Not as lovely as the one in NYC but it's sheer and looks brighter in person. I'm still pretty excited about using as a table runner. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...