Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sheet Music Wreath

Hey y'all - so here's another wreath I made after checking out this paper wreath on {dykast.us} blog. It has a great tutorial for how to make it with old book pages. I thought I would try it with some Christmas sheet music. I also added in a few colorful strips of paper.

Super simple and cost me next to nothing to make!

Here's how it turned out:



I didn't have vintage Christmas sheet music, so I Googled and found some then I dyed it with tea...Printed some colorful Christmas-y images...


Cut them into strips then curled them like ribbon (check out {dykast.us} for helpful tips)... and beware of paper cuts!Used some Tacky Glue to attach it to my $1 frame...




I love that I can still see the women and their winter wardrobes...

Made a bow out of red velvet ribbon. I got a whole roll for $.50!


Ta-da!

6 comments:

  1. you have GOT to submit this to the centsational girls blog. today is the christmas craft linky party..... this is awesome!!! and a great twist to the other similiar wreaths out there.... LOOK at you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny Beth! I appreciate your sweet comments! I took your advice and submitted it. Now I'm #334! Love your blogs: http://preppiepeonie.blogspot.com/ and http://lifeonlyford.blogspot.com/! I'm following now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Love the toughes of vintage images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel! Glad you like it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really neat! Both of my parents are music teachers and I think they would get a kick out of decor like that. I might have to try it for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Erin! Let me know if you try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...