Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blank Wall

I've noticed when people come over to my house they always want to go and inspect my wall art. Probably because most of my friends are new homeowners and are looking for ways to decorate their own blank walls!

You may have seen in other posts already, but I used to have a very large blank wall in my dining room. I especially hated that there was a random light switch that looked really out of place on a large blank wall! So I stopped off over at my local Homegoods to see what I can fill my wall with! I found some cute plates & a serving tray that match my accent wall. And some fun plates with different cities sketched on them.

I found a great letter 'C' with neat texture but it was a baby pink. Mr. Mal-licious sprayed it with a can of left over black spray paint and there you have it!


Before: Oh so blank!

I hung them up with plate hangers and nails - here's a little secret - the ribbons are just tapped onto the back!! (editor's note: the real nail is behind the plate the nail above is only holding up the taped on ribbon)


After: Yay! And the light switch just blends right on in! :)



I linked to:

8 comments:

  1. Mallory, your wall looks so cute with your curtains. Good job! By the way, did you notice that I mentioned your adorable laundry room in my post today ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Thank you!! So flattered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same eiffel tower design in the square bowl...love it! perfect dish for collecting crud!

    your blog is so cute...I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! I love the color of your walls we just put that color in our kitchen like two months ago & i'm actually decorating with damask curtains and things in it too lol.
    I love your curtains :)
    & Thank you for the sweet comment on my post.

    dominiquescraftcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mallory! Oh, you're very clever and your plated and C wall looks wonderful! Now I'm a bit worried about that tape on the back of those plates! Hope they don't fall! :)
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe - Shelia don't worry! The plates are hung with nails behind the plates. The taped ribbon is just for looks. The top nail isn't holding up anything but that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mallory,
    I love your blog. The wallpaper alone is so cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. You found me at Debbiedoos and now I'm a forllower of your blog. Can't wait to look at it more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...