Friday, February 25, 2011

Painted Wallpaper

So I've showed you a little about my progress on my master bath and I'll tell you how I did the stencil. You should really go check out Jones Design Company to see how she did it because her's looks amazing! But I'll still show you how I did it below. :)


Emily at Jones Design Company posted a stencil you can download from her website. She said to trace it onto cardboard. So I did... several times.


Yep, that's a pizza box. What great timing to have pizza?! The top was not touched by the pizza. :)

Now Emily used paint and a paint brush, but I did not trust myself enough to do that. So I went to Michaels (with my coupons y'all!) and got the fattest paint pen I could find!!


Here's my pizza box stencil.

I turned it around so Papa wasn't staring at me the whole time. ;)


Slapped it on the wall and traced it with my fatty paint pen. I did not do it perfectly, and I did not double the stencil like she did. But it is definitely good enough for me and I LOVE it!

So here it is again. I'll show you the whole thing when I get a little more done this weekend! :)

Check out these bloggers who have done a great job with this stencil!

Good Girl Gone Glad
The Savvy Stylist
The Birds Nest
Aja Lee's Sweet Life



Linking up to Sassy Sites party

6 comments:

  1. That is really cool. I love how it was done with a pin.. Thanks for sharing and thank you for visiting my site. I hope your weekend is wonderful. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you did that with a pen! Thanks for the tutorial. I am always amazed at what I learn from blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!!! It came out beautiful!! I've been thinking of doing this exact same thing to my 1/2 bath...and i keep saying "how do the girls keep it so neat!!??!?!?!" This is the perfect solution!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link love girl! I love how your stencil came out! And your cabinets look fab too! Great job!
    xx

    www.goodgirlgoneglad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this idea, it looks FAB!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so smart! I have been thinking about doing it Emily's way, but it would take so long! I love your idea much better! I came to say thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments, I am going to follow you too!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...