Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Travel Tuesday: Charleston

I'll eventually get back to writing about my cruise, but today I'm homesick for Charleston. So I figured I should post some pictures from our vacation this past summer. It's pretty much my favorite place on earth and look at how beautiful it is! How can you not love it?!?!

Our friends took us out on their boat off of Isle of Palms (where my parents grew up)


Yikes! We did catch a TON of baby sharks that day! Freaked me out!!

Eating at one of our favorite restaurants: California Dreaming
View from my cousin's house:

Ahhhh... the yummy farmers market, where I had the most delicious crepe.

My uncle gave us a walking history tour downtown. I used to hate taking field trips in a carriage as a kid. It doesn't always smell so great behind a horse, but it's such a fun way to get to know a little about Charleston history!


This house is called.... hmmm... I forget... maybe the wedding house? Something like that. It was supposedly built for a couple who was away on a long honeymoon. The bride wanted one style and the bridegroom wanted another. So the architect did it half and half. Turned out beautifully!

Another picture of my house (I wish!).
This is how we found out my niece doesn't like heights...
Just realized I have no pictures of the market in this batch. Oh well, I'll show you that next time! :)

Water Front Park... I used to swim in this pineapple as a kid! :)

And of course the beach...

Is this not the cutest picture EVER? (my niece is so cute I can't stand it!)

Well now I'm ready for a trip down south!!

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures of Charleston. What a fun city to visit! The last time I visited Charleston was ten years ago, so I think it's time to revisit! Thanks for a fabulous post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a fun vacation! And the weather looks beautiful. Next time you go... TAKE ME WITH! ;-)

    Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Charleston but it looks so pretty! I just love the big white house!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ricki Jill Treleaven

    Ricki Jill you should go! I bet you'd be inspired to paint something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jen

    I'd love to take you with me Jen! It's gorgeous and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...