Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mirror Frame

I've seen a lot of people replacing their master bathroom mirrors with 2 smaller framed mirrors. It always looks great but I've also seen people just add a frame to their existing large mirror.

The cheapest frames that I liked were around $50 each - plus we'd have to fix the drywall if it came off with our mirror. And buying a large frame would also cost at least $100.

We went to Lowes and bought some crown molding for $40 to make our own frame. My husband glued, screwed and clamped the crown molding together over night to make a frame.


Then I sanded the corners down and used the rest of my Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations from my cabinets to paint it.

LOVE how it turned out. I'll have pictures very very soon! :)

6 comments:

  1. We have done this around our bathroom mirrors, they look great. I can't wait to see your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how your bathroom turns out! Updates soon please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen them a lot too, which makes me want to try the same! Great progress so far! I'm sure it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom looks great!! I am in the process of redoing my bathroom cabinets in espresso (I am waiting for the Top Coat to dry now)! I really love how you framed the mirror-- I love the look of two framed mirrors, but it is a little expensive. How did you hang the frame on the mirror? Did you glue the frame right on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bailey Hi Bailey - We used mounting tape: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100153200/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053 We just notched out a section for the clips that were on the mirror in the frame and placed it on top. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also offer handmade products, animal figurines, boxes, candle lanterns, candle stands, chest of drawers, clocks, exclusive products, figurines, iron animal, lanterns, mirror frame, photo frames, planters, watering cans, wooden animal, animal figurines, christmas decorative figurine, mirror frames, clocks, decorative indian villager figurine, decorative statues

    visit: http://www.whitemarblestatue.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...