Friday, March 25, 2011

Nightstand: Before & After



My parents bought a bedroom set when I was pretty young. Now, they kept that bedroom set all together until just a few years before I got married (decades later). When they realized it was ugly were ready for a change, I inherited one of the nightstands. (I don't know why I was only given one but that's probably all I could hand with my teeny little apartment when I first got married.)

Here she is... oh how shiny!

I finally got around to doing something about it! What a difference some white paint and new handles can make!


Now it's in my guest room and my sisters didn't even recognize it! I don't know, I'm kinda thinking about painting a cool pattern on it one day... maybe. I do know this little one needed a face-lift bad!

Linking to: Free for All Fridays ; Feature Yourself Friday ; Remodelaholic ; My Romantic Home ; Debbiedoo's Newbie Party; Strut Your Stuff

16 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful white! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us how you did it! Did you prime and then paint? Any sanding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a transformation! Thanks for stopping by and following...I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your nightstand--it's substantial, white, and real wood! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya , lovely transformation x it'll be going for years to come x
    tfs
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! :)

    @amy Yep, we sanded it down with sandpaper then primed and painted with left over paint. So we didn't buy anything but the new handles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the white! So fresh!

    www.goodgirlgoneglad.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! I agree with everyone - looks fresh, substantial and you gotta love REAL wood these days!

    I'm definitely a new follower coming from Sassy Sites - also a new blogger at

    www.pigbrainatwork.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, that is one great face lift, it's really awesome looking!

    Happy I found your blog!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh and Fabulous! Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful blog - so glad I found you at the Newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! I've got two nightstands that are in need of a paint job too. What kind of paint did you use? Did you sand it down first?
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Mariesa

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ten Cow Thanks! We sanded it down with sandpaper then primed and painted with left over paint. I'm pretty sure it was latex since that's what we used on most of the house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...