Monday, March 7, 2011

Ya Learn Something New Everyday

This is my first time updating a kitchen so here are some things that I've learned...

1. There can be gaps between the granite and your backsplash/drywall. I thought the granite people just messed up but my husband assured me that happens because it's natural stone. So I spend most of my Sunday sticking pieces of left over weather stripping into the cracks. (I thought he was lying to me just to keep me outta his hair but I guess it is true.) Oh the tediousness!

2. Some gaps are bigger than others... UGH!

3. We went with a tile backsplash because its WAY cheaper and I like that its a little more interesting. For a 4-5 inch granite backsplash it would have cost us $400. For the same size tile we put in it cost us just over $100 bucks.

Hope that helps you DIYer's out there! :)

3 comments:

  1. HOLY 400 dollars!! I would have gone with the tile as well!! Very fun blog!! You are adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you change your header? I like it :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...