Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Travel Tuesdays: Wilmington, NC

My wedding anniversary is coming up and its got me reminiscing about my 1st anniversary. And on our first anniversary we went to Wilmington, North Carolina. I had never been before but always heard it was a lot like Charleston, so how could you not love it?

We stayed in this super cute bed and breakfast (the first and only time I've ever stayed in one). It was great and I'd definitely like to go there again if we ever get the chance!


We laid out at Wrightsville Beach

Here is some of the beautiful scenery...







We ate at a great restaurant down by the water. I even ate seafood. And I HATE seafood!
A really neat thing about Wilmington is that it is a "mini-Hollywood." Several movies and TV shows are filmed there. We saw some vampire movie being filmed.


And you can go visit the USS North Carolina Battleship.

This was by far my husband's favorite part. We now have about 50 gagillion pictures on this ship.

Now, if you have to head back north on your way home... make sure you stop by the World's Largest Frying Pan! (But beware of bees... seriously, lots of bees around the frying pan)
Have you ever been? Anything I should do if I ever make the trip down again?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Who knew there was a world's largest frying pan?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great photos and memories for me. My husband worked in Wilmington for a year. We rented a cottage apt. on Wrightsville beach and I loved it. Our daughter even moved there. We wanted to relocate there but couldn't sell our house here in Texas. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I love the historical downtown and the BEACH!!!!! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never been, but it looks really awesome.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like some good times! That is all I can say because it just does,what else do you say.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...