Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hat Tip

Hello Lovelies! Hope you had a great weekend!

It's royal wedding, horse races, and beach season so I've been in need of a hat. But I didn't have a fun hat. :( What is a girl to do?

I went on a search. Sadly I got outbid on eBay for the hat I really wanted...


Probably for the best. I don't think I have the teeth to pull it off.... Just kidding Princess Beatrice! (Y'all know she reads my blog right?)

Anyhoo...

So I decided to do a little DIY.

Here is my step by step instructions on how to make a fancy DIY hat for cheap!

1.) Buy a plain jane hat. It was easy to find one of those. (Especially when it only costs $12 bucks! Woo woo!)


2.) Have some ribbon around your house? Tie it around! Pin or glue it on the end. (I pinned mine, I couldn't make the commitment!)


3.) Buy a few large cheap fabric flowers (these were $4 at Claires or somewhere like that).
4.) Stick them close together and cover up where you pinned or glued on your ribbon.



5.) Ta-da! Easy DIY hat. :)

Great for a race or sunny day at the beach! Can't wait to wear it in Key West this summer!

Have you ever made a DIY hat?

7 comments:

  1. VERY cute!! I LOVE it!! Sorry you got outbid on Beatrice's hat. yikes! You look WAY better in your hat anyway. :)
    ~cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Princess Beatrice!!! You definitely don't have the teeth!! :) Looove the hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just getting caught-up on your blog. Adorable hat....watch out because since Beatrice reads your blog she will be after your hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat! I'm so glad the stuff you picked out worked and you looked ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny!
    Your hat turned out great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mal, I'm catching up!..love the sunglass case you made,yeah me too I can't seem to keep a pair of sunglasses around much longer than one day or so.Congrats on the win!
    And I love this hat,you are one fabulous lookin' fashionista.Wait a minute!...did you say your going to the Keys,how ironic,I have been droolin' on travel webs for trip to the Keys,one cruise out of JaxFl to Keys and Bahama's was like $199. in August,it is about 8-9 hr drive from southeast Georgia,I'm hoping to talk my sweet Mr into a leisure drive,hope and pray to get to the Keys also,Hey when is you and MrMalicious headed south?

    And thank you so much for visiting and commenting @ LazyonLoblolly.
    Me and Mr had fun pickin' berries,I actually have a confession to make,while pickin' berries@ the pond,I slipped down the bank into the briar patch and I yelled for Mr and he had to come drag me back out of the briars,it was so funny,you would have had to be there,teehehehe.
    Thank you,have a great weekend!
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...