Monday, May 2, 2011

Marathon

Guess where I finally went this weekend?

Nashville!


We went this weekend because my hubby decided to run in the Rock n' Roll half marathon! For some reason - I don't understand - people actually pay to run. Blows-my-mind. I don't know about you but you can't pay me enough to run! I'd pay someone so I didn't have to run! Hello, it's called a car... but I digress.

Here he is about to finish!


All of us spectators...

Yay! Done!
This isn't his first marathon, so here are some tips. If you've never watched or ran a marathon and are planning on going. It's actually kinda fun to watch.

Here's what to expect at a marathon... as a spectator:
  • Be sure to make your runner a fun sign/poster! I also like to make a sign that all the other runners will enjoy and give them a chuckle since they look sooooooo exhasted.
  • You will see people passing out. People drop like flies towards the end of the race.
  • You'll be walking... a lot. Every race I've watched, we (as spectators) have had to walk a ways to where ever you'll be watching the race. It's like a parade.
  • If you can't stand for a long while, bring a chair. You'll be standing for a while. Again, like a parade.
  • Bring a snack and drink.
  • Make sure you have a place to meet up at the end. The runners are like cattle and are herded around and there a million people around. If they aren't running with their cell phone, you'll need to have a spot to meet up!
Oh and yes, I'll be writing ALL about my Nashville trip! It was AWESOME! ;)

2 comments:

  1. We moved to Nashville when we were first married. ;P Congrats to your hubbie for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. Pay to run??? Blech!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...