We went this weekend because my hubby decided to run in the Rock n' Roll half marathon! For some reason - I don't understand - people actually pay to run. Blows-my-mind. I don't know about you but you can't pay me enough to run! I'd pay someone so I didn't have to run! Hello, it's called a car... but I digress.
Here he is about to finish!
All of us spectators...
This isn't his first marathon, so here are some tips. If you've never watched or ran a marathon and are planning on going. It's actually kinda fun to watch.
Here's what to expect at a marathon... as a spectator:
- Be sure to make your runner a fun sign/poster! I also like to make a sign that all the other runners will enjoy and give them a chuckle since they look sooooooo exhasted.
- You will see people passing out. People drop like flies towards the end of the race.
- You'll be walking... a lot. Every race I've watched, we (as spectators) have had to walk a ways to where ever you'll be watching the race. It's like a parade.
- If you can't stand for a long while, bring a chair. You'll be standing for a while. Again, like a parade.
- Bring a snack and drink.
- Make sure you have a place to meet up at the end. The runners are like cattle and are herded around and there a million people around. If they aren't running with their cell phone, you'll need to have a spot to meet up!