Monday, July 25, 2011

Travel Tuesdays: Florida Keys

I had such a great week!

Here's a little of what we've been up to in the Florida Keeeeys (sang in my Beach Boys voice)

Snorkeling...
Can ya tell I was a little excited?
I left the tag on the mask!


We took the boat to a reef called Sombrero
We saw so many amazing sea creatures!
And a few barracudas. Eek!



A LOT of fishing...
Doesn't everyone where a flower hat to go fishing?
Look familiar? ;)

Our friend caught a barracuda.
Not exactly what you want to catch before you go snorkeling.
Yikes!


A manatee in the canal behind our rental house!
I *love* her.
Yes.
We decided, she's a girl.


Dinner at Islamorado Fish Company.
So. Good.
The sunset view, the tarpon fish feeding, live music, the man with twirling fire, the food, and a little shopping.
What more could you want in a restaurant in the Keys?



The Southernmost Point!

Sunset Pier in Key West.
You can see why it's named that.




Huge tree in Key West.


They even named a square after me in Key West!
So sweet of them! ;)
You are all allowed to visit my Square.
I'll let you. ;)

Adorable Toy Factory in Key West!
Really made me miss my little nieces.


We ate lunch at Kelly's which was formerly Pan America.


Ahh... before I got super sweaty for the rest of the day.


Key West was a blast.
Not sure what you do if you don't have a boat.
The beaches were teeny tiny.
I'm a Carolina girl so I'm not used to that.
But the water was beautiful & clear!

I will NOT be going back in July.
Holy moly!
It is HOT.
Might be better in the fall/spring?

My friend tipped me off to a shop in Key West. (Thanks Christina!)
A little shop called Kino Sandals.
They sell cheap leather sandals and are hand made in the shop.
It's hot as blue blazes in that store but I got my shoes!

Missing the Keys already!

Have you been? What was your favorite part?

ps- just want to throw it out there that my shirts are billowy because its hot. I'm not preggers even though some of my shirts kinda make me look like it. :(

12 comments:

  1. oh yeah!! So glad you had fun!!! Love love the pictures!!!
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been but always wanted to. I've never been snorkeling either. That's one of the excursions we plan to do on our Mardi Gras cruise. It looks like y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh all your pictures make me want to go on a vacation like this ASAP!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

    You are too funny! You dont look pregnant in the slightest

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous trip! Those pictures are amazing and I'm pretty jealous you got to see a manatee!

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been several times. Love the clear warm water and gorgeous sunsets. Glad you had such a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIPPEE!...this is my kinda fun,love these photo's,and I'm so excited you shared,I've been looking for 'em!...and you have not disappointed!WOW!...snorkling,fishing,eating,sightseeing,what more could one ask for!BEAUTIFUL sunset too!!...WHAT A FANTASTIC VACATION!
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm soooo jealous. That looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad you shared your pictures. Thanks!

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I have never been to Key West but would love to go! Sounds like a great vacation!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just found your blog, so cute and now following you. looks like a great trip to key west, i would go there just for key lime pie. and snorkeling is one of my favorite activities thanks for sharing your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks so much fun Mallory. I love that room shocker thing too, never used it but is sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are famous, Mallory!!! *giggles* These photos are fantastic. Great post! I am stopping by to get caught-up on your blog :D

    xoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a manatee?!?!? I used to "own" one, I got it for my birthday one October when I was a kid. It died in December and they invited me to its funeral. Worst birthday present ever.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...