The other day someone asked me about Pompeii - and I remembered I never finished writing about my Mediterranean Cruise!!
Our cruise stopped in Naples, Italy and we did an excursion to Pompeii & the Almafi Coast.
(side note: its a long bus ride)
So a friend asked me if I'd go to Pompeii again.
Well, I'm glad I went the first time.
But nah, I wouldn't go back again.
Because there are so many other things I would see again or check out.
I would DEFINITELY go back to Almafi Coast. Ah-mazing.
Here's what ya see /get on a Pompeii tour:
1. A history lesson. Which I enjoyed, if you are bored by history this is the wrong place for you!
2. Artifacts. It's pretty amazing all the things they found. Including dogs & people - iiiiccckkkk
3. Baths - Like the roman baths kinda baths
4. Brothels - OMG that place was SIN CITY! I'll tell ya what - the ruins aren't the only thing "erect" there. You won't believe what they have all over that town. Woah.
OK let's keep it PG here.
So here are my pics of Pompeii...
THEN my pics of Almafi Coast - probably the prettiest place I've ever been.
My hubby bought me a pretty cameo necklace here. Such a tourist trap but I really love the necklace and you can watch the artists make them right there.
NOW FOR THE ALMAFI COAST!!!!!!!!!
Growing lemons! Gorgeous LOTS of fun shopping!! Me & gelato. My other BFF. The view from the restaurant we ate at for Thanksgiving! (yeah we went over Thanksgiving so it was cool weather for site-seeing & a great deal on a cruise!)
Delish Italian food! Yummy manicotti!
Almafi Coast has:
1. Un-real views!
2. Yummy food
3. Fun shopping - so many cute shops - bought lots of stuff there
4. Lemons growing off the side of the mountain
5. A little scary being on a large bus on a huge mountain (might be bad if you get car sick)
6. Gorgeous houses
7. Beautiful water
Ok so now you see that I am totally biased.
I would love to go spend a week at the Almafi Coast.
But I know I'd be too scared to drive anywhere on those cliffs!
Hope that helps if you are picking an excursion!