Thursday, October 6, 2011

No Soup for You!

Ok so, I feel like I need to redeem myself after posting about my pathetic noodle burning experience. Sorry pasta! I love you (although you do make me fat) and I promise to be more careful next time! :)

I'm going to share with you my favorite easy peazy recipe for dinner.

I know its good because EVERY time I bring it to work someone asks me for the recipe as they put their face uncomfortably close to my bowl of soup.

So here it is: Vegetable Soup

This is my husband's plate. He really ate all those crackers. What a piglet.

How to make it like me (and now many of my co-workers)
  • 1 big bottle of Campbell's tomato juice
  • 1 bag of frozen veggies for SOUP (get the kind that says "Soup" on it)
  • 2-3 big potatoes, depending if you want more of a stew or soup
  • 1 package of vegetable soup spices (my mom says to get Knorrs)
  • 1lb of Ground beef
  • Minced garlic
  • Chopped onions
Brown the ground beef with the garlic and onion. Drain the beef. Cut up the potatoes into bite sizes. Pour all the ingredients together in a big pot bring to a boil then simmer until the potatoes are soft.

Love it for rainy days or cooler weather. You can also do it in the crock-pot!

PS: Did ya enter my giveaway? Do it now! :)




linking to these fun parties: Catch A Glimpse

1 comment:

  1. This sounds and looks so good! Now that it is cooler I love making soups! You know it's good if you get asked for the recipe! Thanks for visiting and your sweet comment.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...