We decided to make some Chicken Noodle Soup!
I picked out a Paula Deen recipe from Pinterest to try.
Surprisingly it didn't include butter. ;)
Ms. Deen's recipe is called "The Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup"
I have named the way that I make it... "The Lazy Lady's Soup" :)
So here's my modified (aka LAZY) version.
- Rotisserie chicken (from the store... easy!)
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- Sprinkle a little minced onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Sprinkle a little minced garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
(Or if you want to be realllly lazy... just buy chicken stock and skip this whole step!)
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery, with leafy green tops
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- A little cream sherry (cuz that's what I had!)
- Rosemary spices
- Seasoning salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the stock: add all ingredients to a soup pot. Pick off all the chicken that you want to eat. Put everything else in the pot. Cook about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove chicken bones, skin, etc. from pot. Remove and discard bay leaves and anything else. You should have approximately 3 quarts of stock. (Again, if you just buy chicken stock you can skip this whole apart)
For the soup: bring stock back to a boil, add carrots, and cook for 3 minutes. Add celery and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add egg noodles and cook according to directions on package. When noodles are done, add chicken, sherry and rosemary. Cook for another 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning, if needed, by adding seasoning salt and pepper.