Monday, June 18, 2012

Church Banquet

I know you've probably forgotten about me...
And I'm sorry I've been gone. :(
Life gets busy.

I'm pretty much just on Pinterest nowadays and I was searching for decorations for a church banquet I was doing. Which reminded me why I loved blogging. :)

Church banquet ideas were scarce.
A big banquet.
A tiny budget.

Here's what I came up with....



I bought white paper doilies and painted them various shades of teal & taped them together as a runner...


Flowers from a church member's yard in $1 vases...


Hershey Kisses while they wait for food...


Stole the youth pastor's commentary books (in 3 sizes) and wrapped them in pretty wrapping paper...


Made table numbers in card stock and some votives from a wedding...




Made "curtains" out of streamers in shades of teal...
 

Added lights for balloons in the "curtains"...



And there ya go!

A church banquet on the cheap with lots of color!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I am doing a teal/doily theme for my wedding and want to make these table runners. What kind of paint did you use and what colors?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...